Skip to main content

My brother, the gangster Part 2

(Pinterest Website)

“Well, well. Look here. 10 years later he comes back. The man we used to call, ‘The Weasel’. A man who was so cunning that even if he was caught red handed, he would talk his way to freedom. I had a feeling you would come back, and I have a feeling I know why you’re here.”

He stood there smiling. I couldn’t believe that we used to be best friends. Now, we each have different opinions and proceeded on different paths. He was calling me ‘The Weasel’ yet he was and is ‘The Jackal’. A ruthless conniving man who did not care or fear to get his hands dirty to get whatever he wanted. It was not going to be easy, but I knew what I had gone there to do.

“Halo Francis.”

“I’m sorry, no official names. You know my pseudo name.”

“Yes, Mr. Jackal.”

“Long time no see, Mr. Weasel. Have you come back to join us?”

“No, not really.”

“Pity. If you had stayed, you would have been at the helm of this empire. I still have respect for what you did for us, did for me, and you are welcome to come back any time you wish.”
“Thank you for the offer, but that is not the reason I came here today.”

“Of course it’s not, but I have to say if you stayed you would not be working at that dead-end job as a mechanic. You would be wealthy like I am, have cars, have a huge house, have different girls daily, and so much money you would not be able to know what to do with it. Alright, what can I do for you? Do you need money or a job?”

“No, thanks again, but really what brought me here …”

“Say no more. You want me to release your brother from his loan.”

“Yes … Not really release him from the loan, but I wanted …”

“To come and ask for him not to join our ‘Prestigious Organization’. Is that it?”

I froze. He knew me to well. I was asking myself why he was tormenting me if he knew what I had come. I just shook my head in acceptance. He sat down on his leather chair and ushered me to sit down.

“I can’t really. I’m in a hurry.”

“What? We can’t catch up? Do you have to rush back to that shack that you call your office?”

“Yes.”

“What we are about to talk about is more serious than that thing you call a job. Sit, let’s reminisce on the good old days. Sit!”

I pulled the chair closest to his mahogany desk and sat like I was ready to leave.

“Please do not sit like you are going to soil yourself. We are all friends here, so you don’t have to fear me.”

Not fear him. I knew what he could do. He killed a lot of people, including the former boss to get to where he was. The list included some of my friends, locals in the estate, police officers, judges, lawyers, politicians, the list is endless, including any witness damn enough to stand against him in court. This man was not someone anybody would like to play with. However, I had to save my brother, even if it meant going to the ‘dragon’s nest’ itself.

“I really like your brother. He is a real hard worker. It would also seem he has enjoyed himself the past two weeks. The reason he is even joining us is because he saw how miserable you were in your job that he said that that would never be him. He is the one who applied to join our organization. Now, your brother owes us a lot of money, and he has to pay for it somehow, so what was your idea of releasing him from that contract?”

I just looked at him. I was still on the fact that he just said my brother had requested to join them. I felt sick to my stomach. Here I was trying to fight for his freedom, but he wanted it in the first place. I soon realized where I was and came back to. He was looking at me smiling.

“That is what I like about you, always a thinker. You always knew what to do and when that is why I need you back. All I have are children running around like headless chickens. I will ask again, how will your brother pay us after we have released him from his contract?”

“I am not sure.”

“Well that was a fail. I thought you would come up with a better answer. I retract my offer, we don’t need someone who fixes cars to come and help us. Why don’t you go back to your job, and stop wasting my time.”

I looked at him with disgust, but he had bent his head down and was looking at some paper. He looked up and saw my face.

“Didn’t you hear me, get out!”

I stood up abruptly. I was angry. I wanted to bash his head on his desk, but I knew that would be signing a death wish against the hordes of goons standing outside the door. I started walking to the door when he called out to me.


“Wait weasel. I have a proposition for you. I want you to do a job for us. Once you have done it, your brother’s debt will be written off and you can go back to your dead end job.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Men, we need to wake up

(all photos courtesy of Google). The world is evolving. Time is changing. Women are gaining power. Men are seated, watching, waiting for their turn. In the 90s and early 2000s all campaigns were directed at ‘empowering the women’ Do not get me wrong, women were mistreated and suffered under the tyranny of men and their egos. UNICEF created the International Day of the Girl to help end the circle of violence against adolescent girls. It is celebrated on the 11 th of October annually. Education was the major concern and center of debates, and the United Nations felt that it had serious impacts on human and economic aspects of society. Girls worldwide were forced to cook, clean and do other house hold chores while their male siblings went to school and received care and attention from parents. Girls were seen as a curse while boys were seen as a blessing. Men felt proud having a boy while mistreating the poor mother for having a girl. Something needed to

The Most Amazing Story Never Written

(Made on Canva) Alright. We need to write a short film and shoot it by the end of the month. Ok. What story are we telling? What stories excite the masses? I am not too sure. I think drama has been overwritten. Action? You think we can pull it off? We are going to need a budget for that. Not to mention we are going to need a trainer, an action director, a stunt manager, a doctor, practice the stunts, different days for shooting, a good director of photography and fit actors? Hahaha. Why do you think we would need fit actors? You trying to say we can’t find any? From the people we have. I highly doubt it. What would our actors be fighting against? Aliens? They never come to take over the world here. Zombies, our actors would run and leave us alone on the set. Moreover, we couldn’t get it approved. We don’t fight wars and we never have had heroes we can write about. How about we check online? All I found were stories about aliens, zombies and things that would never happen this side of t

Why an antagonist is important to a story

  (Made on Canva) Who is an antagonist? An antagonist is the villain of a story. It can be a human being, a natural phenomenon like a hurricane, a disease, an animal, an idea or a fictional character like a dinosaur. The aim of the antagonist is to create chaos and wreak havoc while creating obstacles for the protagonist (hero). The protagonist has to find a solution to the uncomfortable situation caused by the antagonist. In story-telling, the antagonist propels the story forward by creating an inciting incident that forces the protagonist to go on a journey to remedy the situation and restore balance. In the Dark Knight (2008), the Joker creates chaotic situations in the city of Gotham with the aim of killing the Batman. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Thanos is looking for rings that will give him ultimate power and make him the supreme being of the universe. Why are antagonists not popular? Being an antagonist is not very appealing, especially in the acting business becau