Skip to main content

I LOVE DUBSTEP!!!

(NB: ALL PHOTOS COURTESY OF GOOGLE & VIDEOS FROM YOU TUBE)


The truth is I do not know why I love dubstep.  Whenever I listen to a dubstep song I want to stand up and dance. I was introduced to dubstep by a friend called Kibui. He came up to me and asked me to listen to UKF (A Dubstep recording group). It was 'love at first sound'. I could not get the song out of my head and from then on I became a huge dubstep fan.

I have been listening to dubstep ever since the beginning of 2012 and I have been able to collect and listen more than 1000 dubstep songs. I created a specific folder for them. My favorite dubstep song is Crave you by Flight Facilities (Adventure's club remix). The reason I love it is because of its beats and it always uplifts me whenever am having a bad day or the lecturer has given me a tough assignment and it’s due the next day.

I know some of you are wondering what is dubstep? Well I will give you the definition and a brief history. According to Udubstep.com dubstep is a new form of electronic music that combines heavy bass with samples, synthesizer, keyboard, turn tables and hard hitting drum tracks. You do not have to be a musician or be in the music industry to understand this because when you listen to one dubstep song you will know exactly what I am writing about.

The name 'dubstep' was brought up in 2002 in a town called Croydon, South London. It was a mixture of Jamaican Dub music and other sound system cultures. Ammunition Promotions are given the props for having used the term dubstep and their music was played on Rinse FM, London (Udubstep.com); recently popular artist such as Britney Spears have started using this genre to make great hits. Some of the most popular dubstep DJs include Skrillex, Kode9 and Digital Mystikz (Udubstep.com).

Dubstep involves all elements of music; trance, electronic, hip hop, pop and some R n B. It has also been used in some gospel songs. Most dubstep tracks have a wobble bass effect this means whenever you listen to a track you will notice the 'wub wub wub' sound.

 It gained more popularity when the movie Transformers 3: The Dark Side of the Moon was released in 2011. I noticed some dubstep artists started using the Transformers Logo, pictures and sound track in their songs. Some dance steps have also been made from the movie.

I love it more because of the dance style. When you listen to dubstep it sounds robotic. The next reaction for me is to try and break dance (despite my futile attempts am not a great dancer, but I enjoy trying) or pretend I am a robot. My favorite dance crews are Remote Kontrol, Les Twins and the Robot Boys. They have perfected the robot dance and I feel jealous. They make it so simple that my own grandmother wants to dance like them.



My current number one singer is Ellie Goulding. She is a British pop artist who has embraced dubstep and has remixed all her songs to give them a dubstep effect. My favorite song by her is Starry Eyed (Minnesota Remix).

As a dub stepper I would recommend dubstep to anyone who listens to house, electronic or trance music. It is also suitable for people who love dancing or want to get hyped up after a long day. 'A little dubstep a day keeps the heart pumping'.
Dubstep does not have a message or a teaching (except Gospel Dubstep), it's for fun. The producers and artist emphasize on beats. In a four minute song you will realize the artist sings for a minute and the rest of the time it's just massive bass and beats.

Dubstep also includes a bit of art. The developers or artists usually use pictures of Japanese animations, from the transformers movie or come up with a unique or weird picture that you look at a thousand times and don't get it.

I would like to ask those curious to find out more to visit Udubstep.com, dubstep.net, or YouTube to learn and listen more.

Hmmmm...after that looong lecture on dubstep I think I have highlighted why I love dubstep. Excuse me while I 'get my dubstep on'.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why an antagonist is important to a story

  (Made on Canva) Who is an antagonist? An antagonist is the villain of a story. It can be a human being, a natural phenomenon like a hurricane, a disease, an animal, an idea or a fictional character like a dinosaur. The aim of the antagonist is to create chaos and wreak havoc while creating obstacles for the protagonist (hero). The protagonist has to find a solution to the uncomfortable situation caused by the antagonist. In story-telling, the antagonist propels the story forward by creating an inciting incident that forces the protagonist to go on a journey to remedy the situation and restore balance. In the Dark Knight (2008), the Joker creates chaotic situations in the city of Gotham with the aim of killing the Batman. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Thanos is looking for rings that will give him ultimate power and make him the supreme being of the universe. Why are antagonists not popular? Being an antagonist is not very appealing, especially in the acting business becau

The Most Amazing Story Never Written

(Made on Canva) Alright. We need to write a short film and shoot it by the end of the month. Ok. What story are we telling? What stories excite the masses? I am not too sure. I think drama has been overwritten. Action? You think we can pull it off? We are going to need a budget for that. Not to mention we are going to need a trainer, an action director, a stunt manager, a doctor, practice the stunts, different days for shooting, a good director of photography and fit actors? Hahaha. Why do you think we would need fit actors? You trying to say we can’t find any? From the people we have. I highly doubt it. What would our actors be fighting against? Aliens? They never come to take over the world here. Zombies, our actors would run and leave us alone on the set. Moreover, we couldn’t get it approved. We don’t fight wars and we never have had heroes we can write about. How about we check online? All I found were stories about aliens, zombies and things that would never happen this side of t

Men, we need to wake up

(all photos courtesy of Google). The world is evolving. Time is changing. Women are gaining power. Men are seated, watching, waiting for their turn. In the 90s and early 2000s all campaigns were directed at ‘empowering the women’ Do not get me wrong, women were mistreated and suffered under the tyranny of men and their egos. UNICEF created the International Day of the Girl to help end the circle of violence against adolescent girls. It is celebrated on the 11 th of October annually. Education was the major concern and center of debates, and the United Nations felt that it had serious impacts on human and economic aspects of society. Girls worldwide were forced to cook, clean and do other house hold chores while their male siblings went to school and received care and attention from parents. Girls were seen as a curse while boys were seen as a blessing. Men felt proud having a boy while mistreating the poor mother for having a girl. Something needed to