Skip to main content

It is my Child (Conti)

(Photo Source: img15.deviantart.ne)

Sally's mother and father enter the room. They look at Gerald, they are shocked.
"Gerald?"
"Yes madam?"
"I am so...so..."
"It is alright madam."
"What happened my son?"
"I was leaving somewhere entering the main road and did not see the oncoming lorry. It hit me in the rear end, crushing my legs. I have just been told they had to amputate them."
"Sorry, so sorry about that. It would seem we came at a wrong time. Let us go Mama Sally."
"No please, we need to talk, sir."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes please have a seat."
Sally's father takes a seat while his wife stands, still shocked. She starts crying.
"Please madam, don't; let us thank God I am alive."
Sally's father goes to her, takes her into his arms and makes her sit.
"Relax dear, we need to know what is wrong with our children. Calm down Mama Sally."
She continues to sniffle and weep. Her husband offers her his handkerchief from his coat pocket and then he sits down next to her.
"Now my son, what is going on?"
"Well...I got information that my ex-girlfriend had my baby."
It was at this moment that Milly steps in, with her 'child'.
"Who are you young lady?"
"My name is Milly. I am Gerald's future wife."
Sally's mother comes back from her shock and looks at Milly.
"What did you just say?"
"My name is Milly and I am Gerald's future wife."
"Are you mad? Sally is Gerald's future wife. Who are you and which hole did you come from?"
Gerald interjects.
"She is the one I am talking about. The child she has is mine."
"So this is why Sally is laying in a bed hospital? How do you sleep at night you wicked girl?"
"Excuse me madam, I am not wicked. This guy impregnated me and then left me, how is that my fault."
"Do you know my daughter is here, fighting for her life, while you stand there and mock me?"
"Gerald, who is this woman insulting the mother of your child?"
"Excuse me young lady, that is my wife you are talking to." Interrupts Baba Sally.
"Oh, I am sorry. I came here to see my husband, not to argue with a bunch of old people."
"WHAT?!"
Gerald tries to come in between.
"Please let us stop all this arguing we are in a hospital, please."
"Eh, kijana this little mosquito just called me and my wife a bunch of old people. Do you know young lady I can squash you like the little bug you are?"
"Go ahead and try it, I am not scared."
Gerald calls the nurse using the button beside his bed.
"What is going on here?"
Milly, Sally's mom and dad are still arguing.
"Nurse please call someone to help please."
"OK. Just a minute."
The argument becomes heated. The couple decides to stand to confront the annoying little bug, the cause of their daughter's woes.
The doctor enters, accompanied by the security.
"What is going on here?"
"It is this little girl. She is very rude and uncivilized."
"It is this old couple who still think this is the 1960s when they fought for independence."
"Wait a minute. Milly?"
Milly freezes. She turns to look and finds it is Doctor Gatanga. What is he doing here? Didn't they have a deal? Of all the doctors in the world. She becomes very awkward and uncomfortable.
"Ah...ehm...yes?"
"What are you all doing here?"

They all turn to the voice at the door. It is Sally on a wheel chair, being pushed by one of the nurses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Men, we need to wake up

(all photos courtesy of Google). The world is evolving. Time is changing. Women are gaining power. Men are seated, watching, waiting for their turn. In the 90s and early 2000s all campaigns were directed at ‘empowering the women’ Do not get me wrong, women were mistreated and suffered under the tyranny of men and their egos. UNICEF created the International Day of the Girl to help end the circle of violence against adolescent girls. It is celebrated on the 11 th of October annually. Education was the major concern and center of debates, and the United Nations felt that it had serious impacts on human and economic aspects of society. Girls worldwide were forced to cook, clean and do other house hold chores while their male siblings went to school and received care and attention from parents. Girls were seen as a curse while boys were seen as a blessing. Men felt proud having a boy while mistreating the poor mother for having a girl. Something needed to

The Most Amazing Story Never Written

(Made on Canva) Alright. We need to write a short film and shoot it by the end of the month. Ok. What story are we telling? What stories excite the masses? I am not too sure. I think drama has been overwritten. Action? You think we can pull it off? We are going to need a budget for that. Not to mention we are going to need a trainer, an action director, a stunt manager, a doctor, practice the stunts, different days for shooting, a good director of photography and fit actors? Hahaha. Why do you think we would need fit actors? You trying to say we can’t find any? From the people we have. I highly doubt it. What would our actors be fighting against? Aliens? They never come to take over the world here. Zombies, our actors would run and leave us alone on the set. Moreover, we couldn’t get it approved. We don’t fight wars and we never have had heroes we can write about. How about we check online? All I found were stories about aliens, zombies and things that would never happen this side of t

Why an antagonist is important to a story

  (Made on Canva) Who is an antagonist? An antagonist is the villain of a story. It can be a human being, a natural phenomenon like a hurricane, a disease, an animal, an idea or a fictional character like a dinosaur. The aim of the antagonist is to create chaos and wreak havoc while creating obstacles for the protagonist (hero). The protagonist has to find a solution to the uncomfortable situation caused by the antagonist. In story-telling, the antagonist propels the story forward by creating an inciting incident that forces the protagonist to go on a journey to remedy the situation and restore balance. In the Dark Knight (2008), the Joker creates chaotic situations in the city of Gotham with the aim of killing the Batman. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Thanos is looking for rings that will give him ultimate power and make him the supreme being of the universe. Why are antagonists not popular? Being an antagonist is not very appealing, especially in the acting business becau