Skip to main content

Love Lost


Hahahahahaha...........Really?
Before going to the University, I studied in college for a year. It is not that I had failed, I had no other option and my father did not want me to stay idle. I studied law, but I learnt more about life than class.
I had two friends, ladies to be exact. Both of them were beautiful, but I liked one more than  the other. She was short, light skinned and very pretty. The other was chocolate skinned, tall and a model. I had been friends with the despite the fact that we were different in every aspect of life.
I was timid, shy and loved keeping to myself. They were loud (in a good way), outgoing and always ready with juicy stories about what they did the previous night.
The lady I am talking about started talking to me at the second week of school. I was shocked that she approached me. I started asking myself if it was real and occasionally pinched myself to make sure I was not dreaming. She asked me to walk with them as they went home. She also encouraged me to sit and read with them during class. She is the one who taught me how to hug.
She tried to encourage me to join them during their nights of fun, but I adamantly refused. I do not drink, so I would be a killjoy if they took me out.

One day, while hugging her, she kissed me on the neck. I was shocked. I looked at her. However, I did not question her and I have never seen her since.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Way from home

(Photo Source: Common dreams website) Jadim is a refugee. That is what the international organizations call her. The country hosting her is expected to feed her, protect her and make sure she is comfortable until her home country has some amount of peace. She gets ‘aid’ in terms of food, clothes, a blanket and a shelter. She has a right to get them. Moreover she is now pregnant, so she is feeding for two people. She sees people coming in and out, she heard they are called donors. Every time she sees the stream of vehicles she has to ensure her shelter is clean and she puts on a smile. They are the ones responsible for her stay there and they need to feel they are doing something. It also means extra rations that day, so of course she will put on her best smile. Jadim has lived in the camp for 2 years now.  Despite  all the niceties mentioned above, she constantly feels she was better at home, but since she lost her husband and two children to the war, she decid...

Unappreciated Hero

(Photo Source: www.wakatipuchurch.com/wp-content/uploads/Mother-waiting.gif) Kevin was coming home. It was 3 am in the morning. He had just been dropped off by his friends and was staggering to the doorstep. He looked up and saw the lights from the sitting room were on. He tried to wipe himself to look tidy, not like someone who had just spent the better part of the day smoking and drinking. After his futile attempts he gave up and decided he needed to sleep. He unlocked the door using his keys, entered and shut it. He removed his shoes and tried to tiptoe to his room, but he knew it was futile. "Halo Kevin." "Halo Mom." "Long night I see?" "Yes mom, I enjoyed myself." "That is good my son, but I have a question to ask, or rather a favor." "Not again mom. For crying out loud it is 3 am in the morning. Can't we just talk tomorrow?" "No we have to talk now." "Come...

In search of humanity

(Ask Ideas website) The world, to me, has become a depressing world. It would seem we have lost our humanity. I know I have circled around this topic, but to me it is important to repeat it as much as possible. The reason I am writing this is because there are people who feel they have no meaning in this life. I went out for coffee with a good friend of mine, a brother, when we left we met a street child rummaging through a dustbin in the cold Nairobi streets. I felt sorry for the boy and decided to assist him with some of my coins. I tapped on his back and he almost jumped. He started running and I called him back and gave him the coins. We were shocked at his reaction. We tried to guess why he ran. He must have thought it was the police who wanted to hit him for ‘being on the streets’; a shop owner angry that he is going through the trash can with a possibility of dropping the trash on the shop door; he must have thought it was the county askaris wanting to beat him for...