Skip to main content

What do you think?


(Knysna Keep Website)

Love is hard to define. No wait. It is hard to choose the one you will love. Yeah that sounds about right. It is hard to choose the one you will love. Once you love someone no matter how much that person hurts you or whatever is wrong with them, the love you have for that one person will never fade. I learnt that and I am happy that I stuck on until today. I am happy with what transpired and I am grateful that I have the one I love by my side.

I met Natasha at a conference. I can’t clearly remember which one, but I remember it was organized in the city. We started talking and realized we had a lot in common. I had never talked to a girl like that in my life and I felt a very strong connection. We planned to meet the next week, but she never showed up. She called though and asked that we stop.

Needless to say I was confused. I started to worry that I had done something wrong. Maybe I said a word or did something that she didn’t like. Something in my subconscious told me she was the one. Our first meeting proved that we were meant to be together. I continued to call her daily after telling her I would not push if she didn’t feel comfortable. The problem was every time I called her I felt that we were made for each other, and I loved her intensely.

One day I called her and a child picked up. I paused a bit. Does she have a child? Maybe that’s why she doesn’t want to be with me. She maybe assumes that I would not love her daughter because she is not mine. I asked the child where Natasha was, and she told me she had left and would come back after a while. I kept my questions about the relationship between the child and Natasha to myself. I called the next day and found Natasha had come back from wherever she had gone, and we continued talking.

After a few months she called me over to her house. Well, she still lived with her parents. I figured she wanted to stay there until she was married. Her parents were nice and they kept the conversation as civil as possible. One thing I noticed was that Natasha’s mother was very uneasy. Her husband would turn to her every 5 or so minutes to calm her down and then continue talking to me. We had lunch, and that is when I raised the question about the child who had talked to me earlier. They gave me an excuse that it was a family member who had come to visit and picked up her auntie’s phone.

I was satisfied with that explanation. I did not probe further because deep inside me I was happy that Natasha did not have another man’s child. Not that I would refuse taking care of it, but I wanted Natasha to have my children, alone. Yes, I am selfish.

I continued frequenting their home, bringing gifts whenever I could. The parents were rubbing off on me as well. I was now a part of the family, and I liked it. Natasha would be mine and she would move in with me where I would take care of her for the rest of our lives.

One day during my visit I met the child who had picked up the phone earlier. She was very shy and would keep looking down to hide her face. Natasha was not around, but I felt like staying around to wait for her. It wasn’t like I had anything better to do. It was on this day that I confirmed my fears that there was something wrong. Natasha was always home every time I visited and she always left when the child was home. It didn’t add up. Moreover, when I saw the child’s face I saw a resemblance between her and Natasha. I don’t know how, but I could have sworn this child was a tiny version of Natasha, down to her smile, please do not judge me because even their perfume was the same.

Natasha’s mother caught me staring at the child and awkwardly asked me to leave and come back another day. I looked at her and she seemed more uneasy than usual. The father supported her plea for my exit. I said goodbye to them and I kid you not that child waved at me the same way Natasha did.

I have heard of family resemblance, but I think they took it too far. I know, I know, how did I know the child waved the same way Natasha did? Well, I can’t explain it. I think I was too much in love that I noticed things like that. You can say I was obsessed. I wanted to make sure Natasha was in my arms and thus I had to take note of the simple things she did.


Her absence was worrying me. It was like a pattern. She would go missing for one day, leaving her phone, and then come back the next day. During her one day absence the child was always there. To me it didn’t make much sense. Maybe she was the child? She would turn into a child for a day and then turn back to normal the next day. What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Men, we need to wake up

(all photos courtesy of Google). The world is evolving. Time is changing. Women are gaining power. Men are seated, watching, waiting for their turn. In the 90s and early 2000s all campaigns were directed at ‘empowering the women’ Do not get me wrong, women were mistreated and suffered under the tyranny of men and their egos. UNICEF created the International Day of the Girl to help end the circle of violence against adolescent girls. It is celebrated on the 11 th of October annually. Education was the major concern and center of debates, and the United Nations felt that it had serious impacts on human and economic aspects of society. Girls worldwide were forced to cook, clean and do other house hold chores while their male siblings went to school and received care and attention from parents. Girls were seen as a curse while boys were seen as a blessing. Men felt proud having a boy while mistreating the poor mother for having a girl. Something needed to

The Most Amazing Story Never Written

(Made on Canva) Alright. We need to write a short film and shoot it by the end of the month. Ok. What story are we telling? What stories excite the masses? I am not too sure. I think drama has been overwritten. Action? You think we can pull it off? We are going to need a budget for that. Not to mention we are going to need a trainer, an action director, a stunt manager, a doctor, practice the stunts, different days for shooting, a good director of photography and fit actors? Hahaha. Why do you think we would need fit actors? You trying to say we can’t find any? From the people we have. I highly doubt it. What would our actors be fighting against? Aliens? They never come to take over the world here. Zombies, our actors would run and leave us alone on the set. Moreover, we couldn’t get it approved. We don’t fight wars and we never have had heroes we can write about. How about we check online? All I found were stories about aliens, zombies and things that would never happen this side of t

Why an antagonist is important to a story

  (Made on Canva) Who is an antagonist? An antagonist is the villain of a story. It can be a human being, a natural phenomenon like a hurricane, a disease, an animal, an idea or a fictional character like a dinosaur. The aim of the antagonist is to create chaos and wreak havoc while creating obstacles for the protagonist (hero). The protagonist has to find a solution to the uncomfortable situation caused by the antagonist. In story-telling, the antagonist propels the story forward by creating an inciting incident that forces the protagonist to go on a journey to remedy the situation and restore balance. In the Dark Knight (2008), the Joker creates chaotic situations in the city of Gotham with the aim of killing the Batman. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Thanos is looking for rings that will give him ultimate power and make him the supreme being of the universe. Why are antagonists not popular? Being an antagonist is not very appealing, especially in the acting business becau