Skip to main content

Omar Ibrahim

Tribute
10th October 2022



Death is cruel. It is sudden and shocking. It just happens. One minute life goes on as usual. The next minute a life is gone. It was hard hearing about your passing. I had never dreamed or imagined it would happen. When I heard it, I paused. I got confused and then I felt drained. It was shocking to me. Knowing that I tried to get confirmation. I called all your numbers to try and get a hold of you. I still could not believe it. I am still not believing it.

You were the last person I would have thought would pass on. The last time we spoke you were progressing on with your life. You were working hard on your dreams and you had moved out of your home. I encouraged you to detail your life and record it on your blog. I was hoping to continue to assist you. However, I guess it was your time.

We never really had a proper goodbye and there are still a lot of things left unsaid. You were brave, courageous, kind, humorous, ambitious, loving, caring, strong-willed human being. You had so much potential in this life. I knew you would make a big difference. You are going to be missed by a lot of people.



For now bro, Rest In Peace. Thank you for being my friend. I pray that God keeps you. You will be sincerely missed.

 

#RIP

#OmarIbrahim


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Way from home

(Photo Source: Common dreams website) Jadim is a refugee. That is what the international organizations call her. The country hosting her is expected to feed her, protect her and make sure she is comfortable until her home country has some amount of peace. She gets ‘aid’ in terms of food, clothes, a blanket and a shelter. She has a right to get them. Moreover she is now pregnant, so she is feeding for two people. She sees people coming in and out, she heard they are called donors. Every time she sees the stream of vehicles she has to ensure her shelter is clean and she puts on a smile. They are the ones responsible for her stay there and they need to feel they are doing something. It also means extra rations that day, so of course she will put on her best smile. Jadim has lived in the camp for 2 years now.  Despite  all the niceties mentioned above, she constantly feels she was better at home, but since she lost her husband and two children to the war, she decid...

Unappreciated Hero

(Photo Source: www.wakatipuchurch.com/wp-content/uploads/Mother-waiting.gif) Kevin was coming home. It was 3 am in the morning. He had just been dropped off by his friends and was staggering to the doorstep. He looked up and saw the lights from the sitting room were on. He tried to wipe himself to look tidy, not like someone who had just spent the better part of the day smoking and drinking. After his futile attempts he gave up and decided he needed to sleep. He unlocked the door using his keys, entered and shut it. He removed his shoes and tried to tiptoe to his room, but he knew it was futile. "Halo Kevin." "Halo Mom." "Long night I see?" "Yes mom, I enjoyed myself." "That is good my son, but I have a question to ask, or rather a favor." "Not again mom. For crying out loud it is 3 am in the morning. Can't we just talk tomorrow?" "No we have to talk now." "Come...

In search of humanity

(Ask Ideas website) The world, to me, has become a depressing world. It would seem we have lost our humanity. I know I have circled around this topic, but to me it is important to repeat it as much as possible. The reason I am writing this is because there are people who feel they have no meaning in this life. I went out for coffee with a good friend of mine, a brother, when we left we met a street child rummaging through a dustbin in the cold Nairobi streets. I felt sorry for the boy and decided to assist him with some of my coins. I tapped on his back and he almost jumped. He started running and I called him back and gave him the coins. We were shocked at his reaction. We tried to guess why he ran. He must have thought it was the police who wanted to hit him for ‘being on the streets’; a shop owner angry that he is going through the trash can with a possibility of dropping the trash on the shop door; he must have thought it was the county askaris wanting to beat him for...